Montash have been engaged by a FTSE 100 Client based in Luton to source a Data Analytics Solution Architect to work on a number of new and exciting change programmes across the Business.
As a Solution Architect focusing on data analytics, working at the senior solution architect level your role will define solution architecture that provides technology solutions for business requirements and align to the organisations enterprise architecture. Your role will ensure that appropriate project/product technical options are considered and recommended approaches have appropriate cost and complexity to the problem set. You will ensure all project/product technical issues and risks are managed appropriately and resolved.
In addition to providing the architectural solution you will work with the Solution Designers who will provide the detailed design and you will provide architecture oversight and change management during the project delivery. You will drive forward the solution delivery and any impact assessments, evaluations, product selections and POC's as required.
You will also be expected to provide input into the Enterprise team on roadmaps, strategy and technical recommendations and evaluations.
You will have practical experience of:
- Architecting solutions throughout the entire development lifecycle from inception to operation.
- Architecting large scale analytical data processing solutions. Candidates with experience of analytical processing solutions for yield optimisation or similar are preferred.
- Translating and documenting complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
- Java application architecture
- Architecting solutions using the following technologies. Candidates with experience of one or more of these technologies are preferable.
- Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) architectures and technologies (JDBC, JPA, JMS, EJBs, Servlets, Web services and web applications)
- Enterprise data warehouses
- Data warehousing data models (Snowflake, Star).
- Oracle Enterprise Edition RDBMS.
- Oracle Exadata database appliance
- JBOSS WildFly Java application server, Message Queue (A-MQ), Data Grid
- Reporting and analytical data visualisation technologies
- Message orientated architectures and/or event driven architectures
- Delivering solutions for travel and hospitality, retail sector or similar environment.
- Stakeholder management for multiple geographically distributed architect stakeholders
- Working with highly technical staff and outsourced teams, working on multiple projects towards a common end goal throughout the development lifecycle.
- Experience of defining solution architecture for an agile development organisation
- Experience of working within structured architecture processes and governance.
- An architectural notation framework for requirements definition and for systems design preferably TOGAF and UML.
Additionally, you have experience of integration approaches used for solutions with high volumes of structured data (ETL, API, Message) and be comfortable with architectural implications of performance, scalability and extensibility on solution architecture.
You will have excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills; excellent stakeholder management and customer focus; be conscientious, self-motivated and well organised, with a high level of personal integrity and a strong commercial acumen and awareness of business strategy and IT alignment.