Java Developer required. A Java Developer is required by one of Montash's clients, who are a leading global investment bank, in London on a six month contract.
The Java Developer will participate in an agile based software development life-cycle including technical analysis, documentation, development, testing and code reviews and collaborate with the production support team for release and maintenance of the components.
The Java Developer will work closely with the other developers in determining and following best development and architecture practice and propose and provide feedback from experience/knowledge on architecture, design, technology choices and technology direction of the platform.
The Java Developer will mentor less experienced developers both in London and India through pair programming and code review, fully participate in requirement and design meetings for new functionality and provide 3rd line application support on a rotation basis within the team.
The Java Developer will have the following skills and experience:
- 5 years software development experience in an investment banking environment
- Solid experience with Java (ideally Java 8) development and RX
- Experience with web based applications and restful APIs, e.g. using WebAPI or NancyFX.
- Experience with multithreaded architectures and optimised UI's
- Ability to write unit tests within standard frameworks
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly and adapt to a fast changing environment, with a strong interest in continuous improvement and delivery
- Excellent knowledge of programming best practices, design patterns etc.
- Good understanding of relational databases with appropriate SQL knowledge
The Java Developer will ideally have the following:
- Experience with spring & spring boot, junit, mockito, maven/ gradle
- Front office development experience in any of : FX, FX Options, Credit or Rates products
- Experience with real time messaging protocols, protobufs, etc.
- An ability to design performant software and an understanding of application performance profiling.
- An understanding of the streaming big-data technologies (Spark, Storm etc)
- An understanding of complex event processing (Esper, Drools, etc)
- Experience with NoSQL (e.g. Redis, MongoDB)
- Financial markets knowledge
If you are a good fit then please apply immediately.