Java Developer required. A Java Developer is required by one of Montash's clients, who are a leading global investment bank, in London on a six month contract.
The Java Developer will participate in an agile based software development life-cycle including technical analysis, documentation, development, testing and code reviews and collaborate with the production support team for release and maintenance of the components. The Java Developer does not need to come from Investment banking, however, a strong commercial background is essential. This role is very focussed around Java and AngularJS.
The Java Developer will work closely with the other developers in determining and following best development and architecture practice and propose and provide feedback from experience/knowledge on architecture, design, technology choices and technology direction of the platform.
The Java Developer will mentor less experienced developers both in London and India through pair programming and code review, fully participate in requirement and design meetings for new functionality and provide 3rd line application support on a rotation basis within the team.
The Java Developer will have the following skills and experience:
- Very strong Java skills (ideally Java 8)
- Very strong with AngularJS
- Experience with web based applications and restful APIs
- Experience with multithreaded architectures and optimised UI's
- Ability to write unit tests within standard frameworks
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly and adapt to a fast changing environment, with a strong interest in continuous improvement and delivery
- Excellent knowledge of programming best practices, design patterns etc.
- Good understanding of relational databases with appropriate SQL knowledge
If you are a good fit then please apply immediately.