Montash have been engaged by a Consultancy to source a Java Developer for an initial contract until end of March 2019. For this role you will have BPSS Clearance.
The client's application infrastructure currently utilises an Oracle and Java based strategy for the majority of the operational platforms. They are currently going through a digitisation programme. To support this, the Technology Solutions team is modernising the function in line with changing business demands, including the delivery of business solutions using Agile methodologies, therefore requiring individuals who are self-directing with a proven track record of delivering quality, accountable for the design, development, testing, implementation and supporting and on-going improvement of systems/ services allocated to them under the project plans and/ or Service Area.
They are looking to hire an experienced Java Developer with experience in advanced Java technologies including Spring MVC Framework, ORM Frameworks, Queue mechanisms, REST/SOAP API and Reporting Frameworks.
The successful candidate must have a strong track record of building and running high volume, enterprise standard, reliable and flexible services that are relentlessly user-focused and continually improved through iterative development via an agile development lifecycle.
- Technical expertise in Java, Spring and Hibernate, PL/SQL, Jasper and Web deployed application
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Experience of front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS/JSP)
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as Github/Gitlab, SVN
- Working knowledge of cloud, Windows and Unix Environments
- Provision of hands-on technical leadership in the development, operation and on-going improvement of complex, transformation digital services
- Experience of automation and TDD, BDD
- Experience of working in an environment centered on User Experience design, responsive web design, progressive enhancement and other modern web design principles