Montash has been retained by a global leader in cyber security to source for a Senior Software Engineer who will play an imperative role in their Security Technology and Response team.
You will be working on defining and delivering an innovative cloud based malware analysis system that plays a vital part in my client's Advanced Threat Protection story.
Through the development of new and integration of existing cutting edge technologies you will be involved in the software development lifecycle from strategy, architecture, design, implementation, testing and release with a focus on delivering solutions against business goals, technical requirements and my client's engineering standards.
- Taking a lead development role, influence the overall vision and direction and provide valuable technical input into the new cloud based malware Analysis Service
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative software development process, includes scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, testing, debugging, maintenance and support
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a computer related subject and have experience in a software development role. Or have proven experience in an IT/programming role.
- Excellent core Java object orientated development experience
- Experience with Linux and Windows based development environments.
- Experience of developing zero-downtime internet-scale system
- Experience of working within a quality-driven engineering process
- Needs to be passionate about Security
- Proven ability to work under pressure, independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercial object orientated C++ development experience
- A good understanding of HDFS, Apache HBase
- Experience of working within an Agile development methodology; Scrum, Continuous Integration, self-organising teams,
- Experience of working within an internet security or service delivery environment
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of malicious code including exploit code, buffer overflows, Trojans, Viruses, etc a distinct advantage
- Experience of working with large data sets.
- Experience of building web based GUI's.
- Technology experience:
- Unit Test experience (JUnit, TestNG)
- A Scripting Language (Perl, POSIX etc.)
Please apply now if interested.