Java Developer - Hippo required. A Java Developer - Hippo is required by one of Montash's clients, who are a leading technology consultancy, based in Manchester, on an initial two month contract.
The Java Developer - Hippo will be the subject matter expert for the platform and the domain of content management, on cross disciplined teams, and, in addition to your direct output, will play a crucial role in enabling other team members to apply their expertise and good software engineering practices to the solution.
The Java Developer - Hippo will have extensive experience with Hippo that will allow you to lead and advise on how best to leverage the platform, whilst respecting its strategic role in a wider architecture and its interactions with other systems.
The Java Developer - Hippo will have a knowledge and appreciation for the architecture of the web and the standards which underpin it, the ability to respect and leverage this within your own architectures, and a deep understanding of web application architectures and the role CMS platforms play within them.
On the tech side, the Java Developer - Hippo will have experience with the following:
- Hippo / BloomReach Experience Platform
- Document/Content modelling in Hippo
- Groovy scripting language
The Java Developer - Hippo will be involved in the implementation of large-scale software systems that need to handle daily challenges of scaling, resilience and performance, whilst making the best leverage of the off the shelf capabilities of the platform. In addition to this, you will be SC Cleared, or at a minimum be eligible for it.
The Java Developer - Hippo will have experience across the following areas:
- Experience working in cross-functional teams using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Experience in participating in workshops to identify and define user requirements
- Experience in writing acceptance tests and understanding Behaviour Driven Development principles
- Experience of developing highly interactive websites and familiarity with the challenges involved
- Experience of team development in integrated environments using managed source control systems such as Git
- Possess a good understanding of different software architectures
- Proven experience working in projects where Test Driven Development, pair programming and refactoring principles were applied
- General awareness of SEO coding concepts; especially URL structure
- Knowledge of Software/ Enterprise Design Patterns
- Experience with development infrastructure and tools (revision control, bug tracking, wiki)
If you are a good fit for this please apply immediately.