Salary: £60 - 75K + bens
Role: Java Developer
Skills: Java, Maven, Ant, Junit, Scrum, Agile, TDD, BDD, SMTP
Our client is seeking a Java Developer to work within the existing development team. The applicant will need to be bright, imaginative, and capable technologist specifically seeking an environment where their potential will be maximized through the challenging projects that the company requires to be developed.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that is pivotal to the successful delivery of the companys' software solutions. To be considered for this unique opportunity, you will have a strong background in software development and considerable experience in the software development life cycle.
- Primary responsibility will be to build and maintain the Java Backend applications of the platform
- Work closely with architects, product managers and developers to maintain existing code base and add new functionality as required
- Propose any code refactoring that either simplifies the existing code or can provide clear performance benefits
- Add and enhance the Test Suites and code coverage
- Provide production support during scheduled monthly code releases
Knowledge and skills required:
- Core Java 7/8, Maven, Ant, JUnit
- Sprint framework
- Source control Git
- Understanding of common software development practices
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices including Paired Programming, TDD and BDD.
- Independent, able to work efficiently with minimum supervision and with a high degree of self-motivation
- A problem solver who can think 'outside-the-box' to find ways around issues and solve problems
- Detail oriented approach with thorough attention to documentation and procedure
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Self-starter and able to take ownership of projects with minimal supervision
Qualifications and related experience:
- Bachelor or Master's degree from a leading university or equivalent & relevant experience
Desirables in either or all of the following:
- Experience in working and safely integrating with legacy Java code including raw types.
- SMTP protocol and the JavaMail API
- Worked as part of an agile team in previous roles
If you possess the above and have excellent communication and written skills apply NOW!!!