Java Solutions Architect
£55-65k Basic + Bonus & Benefits
An opportunity has arisen with a billion pound, multi-award winning global organisation that is currently undergoing a major digital transformation. eCommerce is a central part of the organisations ongoing strategy and is set to play a key role in the organisations future.
As the Java Solutions Architect you will ensure that e-Commerce development projects meet business requirements as well as meet long term viability criteria. You will also ensure that designs are in line with the patterns and techniques defined by the principal architects.
- To provide a day-to-day project technical leadership and provide an escalation point for the BA and Java Development teams to resolve technical issues and questions related to the project. You will also need to work with the senior architects where necessary ensuring cross project dependencies and conflicts are identified and managed.
- To work with the Principle Architects to shape the system architecture strategy and take responsibility for implementing this through project work.
- To participate in mentoring and supporting junior Java architects as well as Java developers in relation to their work on projects and their own skills development.
- To ensure that developments are designed in line with the patterns agreed with the principal Architects.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with internal IT colleagues and stakeholders within the business teams at all levels to be effective.
You will have:
- Extensive experience of the full software design & development lifecycle at an enterprise level
- Experience of designing high performance, resilient, large scale, distributed systems
- Practical experience of contemporary web technologies (both client side and server side)
- Significant (Java based) development experience in a commercial e-Commerce role
- Experience in working with business stakeholders to gather requirements & develop concepts
- Proactive approach and desire to continuously improve our architecture and processes balanced with the pragmatism required to effect change within a large organisation
- Diverse practical experience of project methodologies, e.g. Waterfall, Agile and Water-Scrum-Fall
- Experience of leading and mentoring a technical team
- Experience working with any major ecommerce COTS platforms
- Experience commercial e-Commerce search engines and web SEO
- Experience designing global, multilingual, internationalisation capable applications
- Experience of contemporary design tools, techniques and modelling skills, in order to produce design documentation
If this opportunity is of interest then email your CV to email@example.com or call 02070140230.
Java /j2e /java/ architect / solution / architect / solution architect /