You will be a HTML5/Java Script developer with proven experience in software engineering experience and ideally a good knowledge of financial markets to work on the transformation projects.
- Participate in an agile based software development life-cycle including technical analysis, documentation, development, testing and code reviews.
- Collaborate with the production support team for release and maintenance of the components.
- Work closely with the other developers in determining and following best development and architecture practice.
- Propose and provide feedback from experience/knowledge on architecture, design, technology choices and technology direction of the platform.
- Mentor less experienced developers both in London and India through pair programming and code review.
- Fully participate in requirement and design meetings for new functionality.
- Provide 3rd line application support on a rotation basis within the team.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years software development experience in an investment banking environment, or equivalent.
- Strong development skills and experience with Typescipt , CSS.
- Strong development skills and experience with the Angular js libraries and other web technologies
- Excellent knowledge of programming best practices, design patterns etc.
- Strong interest in continuous improvement and all aspects of software development and delivery
- Agile practitioner using Scrum.
- Strong understanding of test driven development and continuous integration practices
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing, inside and outside the team.
- Desire to learn quickly and ability to adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Comfortable dealing with numbers.
- Solid academic background in engineering, sciences or economics.
- Front office development experience in any of : Equity derivatives, Credit or Rates products
- Experience developing large real-time financial trading applications.
- Experience with real time messaging protocols.
- Experience with event driven architectures
- An ability to design performant software and an understanding of application performance profiling.