I am working with a Global Enterprise with Revenue of €18.62 billion last year that is going through a large transformation. I am seeking 'THE BEST OF THE BEST', a true superstar!
Like the limelight? How does the opportunity to shape the experience of over a billion interactions a month sound?
Ideal candidates are experienced, full stack engineers with a passion for pushing the technologies and their features, but also not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get in the trenches with our UI Development to make sure that the features work scale end to end.
If you are excited by the opportunity to work with a world-class technical team, to deliver a highly-evolved search solution, and see your work delights millions of users, then we want to talk with you.
- Be a Fullstack Superstar - Architect, design, and implement features at scale that go from the db to search index through the search stack and then finally to the UI for our desktop, tablet and phone applications
- Design, implement and evaluate algorithms and sub-systems at cloud scale to support innovative search features with high performance, re-usability and extensibility in mind.
- Value team excellence over individual productivity
- Have a commitment for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well
- Contribute to the analysis of functional requirements
- Participate and promote architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs
- Work closely with teams across and within the organization to design functionality that can be leveraged by a variety of cloud-based search applications/use cases
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Ability to quickly master a complex environment
- Passion for innovation while solving complex problems
- Proven ability to work independently and complete features from start to finish.
- Highly productive and self-motivated
- Good oral and written communication skills (Fluent in English)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Curiosity about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to quickly respond to the changing business needs and roll out functionality in small increments rather than a big bang approach
- 5+ years of related experience
- Proven and demonstrable track record of being an elite performer in their current and past roles
- Familiar with: XP Principles, TDD, Scala, Node.JS, Jira, Jenkins, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Pair Programming etc.
- Salary on offer: €65,000 - €80,000 + bonus & benefits.