I am working with a Global Enterprise with a revenue of $10.74 billion last year. To support their growth they are looking for a Lead Infrastructure Architect with extensive experience in cloud.
This is a Senior Architect Position, responsible for the Cloud Solution Architecture and Strategy. A broad technology background managing a variety of infrastructure platforms with a good understanding of virtualization and converged infrastructures is a must. Experience in automation related to Performance and Capacity Planning is a plus, along with development experience in the "nexus of forces" platform.
Required skill sets:
- Present architectural design concepts and solutions to all levels in the organization.
- Build cloud optimized reference architecture and contribute to architecture governance.
- Compare and evaluate various private, public cloud technologies and tools from technical, functional and financial feasibility.
- Drive proof of concepts that assess the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to our product partners how technology can be leveraged.
- Provide senior architectural leadership to all phases of the Cloud Program, including the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Cloud Application Architecture subprograms.
- Gather requirements; build functional specifications, timelines, adoption plans and other artifacts to support technology implementation.
- Work with stakeholders within and across partner teams to build consensus and drive decision making.
- Work with vendors to evaluate various technologies including setting up POC, evaluation criteria, managing professional services resources for design, architecture and implementation.
- Extensive experience in Cloud Technologies - Azure, S3, EC2, VMmare
- Good experience in Ms Server Operating Systems & Ms SQL, SharePoint & .NET
- Preference for Master Degree in Computer Science or other technology field or related experience; typically requires a minimum of 10+ years' experience working with distributed web scale deployment.
- Good understanding of various virtualization, cloud management technologies and tools as well as various cloud delivery models.
- Good understanding of various private and public cloud offerings and how they relate to form a hybrid solution.
- Experience with elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns.
- Experience migrating legacy applications to a service oriented, cloud optimized architecture within a large IT shop.
- Ability to build and deliver hands-on technology proof of concepts and demonstrations
- Experience with RFP process including evaluating technologies and working with vendors for technology selection and implementation.
- Excellent communication skills for various audiences, both business and technical
- Strong leadership, planning, execution, presentation, communication (verbal, written and interpersonal), negotiation and multi-tasking skillsmust be able to lead, review and execute multiple strategic projects.
- Strong focus on outcome and results.
- A proactive and entrepreneurial work style and strong ability to work without direction with breakthrough thinking, influencing and execution capabilities.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and cross-functional team-building as well as attention to detail are critical in this strategic role.