Montash have been engaged to secure a Lead of Data and Information Architecture for a global information and analytics company.
Purpose of the role:
The Lead, Data and information Architect has the overall responsibility for the Information and Data architecture vision and strategy for the whole DA Product Suites, including F&ID and Core Software. The role demands an excellent communicator who can translate the value of Data and Information Architecture to a wider business audience and an accomplished architect, who can work with the individual product teams and ensure that jointly there is a viable and pragmatic path to drive towards an integrated view, whilst fully recognising the needs of the individual products for independence and time to market.
- Drive, together with the Head of Architecture, the Information & technology roadmap, vision and strategy to deliver on harmonized roadmap to create better economies of scale and an integrated suite for all DA Software
- Be the main spokesperson to articulate Information and Data Architecture to development and the wider business audience inside the client
- Own the Data and Information Architecture discipline across to deliver a complete and successful roadmap.
- Provide leadership in a matrix environment
- Be part of the Architecture Leadership team and represent architecture more broadly
- Be the main interface to the wider team to represent Data and Information Architecture trends and define strategic direction, as well as identifying specific engineering needs to help adoption
- Work closely with product development teams to drive the right roadmap to drive enhancements, strategic improvements and business features that maximize revenue
- Be a speaker and outwards interface for DA Data and Information Architecture, at events, in front of customers and internally as required to sell DA's world leading technology.
- Passionate about Information and Data, a real visionary for the art of the possible
- A story teller - can take complex topics, translate them in to a story that resonates in the wider business context and make it relevant to all audiences regardless of background
- Exceedingly good communicator who can take complex concepts and translate them to something that makes sense for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Can work in great detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Does not get dragged down in the theory, but understands business value of good architecture and technology and is able to communicate and deliver
- Equally knowledgeable across Data and Information technology trends and is able to take the wider organisation with them
- Holds their own and can work across all levels from stakeholders to junior developers, as well as influencing far in the organisation, including architects and technology leaders that are not under direct control
Working Practices and Relationships:
- Strategic thinker that can work well both across detail and big picture
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent presenter and communicator across all levels and in technical and non-technical audiences
- Key interface with Product Delivery
- Also interfaces with other stakeholders across the business, principally in concert with the Head of Architecture to translate and implement the stated and unstated needs of the business.
- Engages with the development teams to ensure seamless connection from architecture vision down to detailed coding habits.
- Has the passion to remain engaged to deliver the vision, with the skills to gain the trust and respect of the Development and Engineering community.
No direct reports, but has to influence and build a community of key architects across various domains.
Will not own architecture budget
- At least 10+ years' work experience in Data and Information Architecture, ideally with deep and wide understanding of key value, Column, Document and Graph implementations
- Knowledge and understanding of Domain Driven Design
- Experience from major industry (finance, telco or similar) with Information and Data architecture, as well as software product architectures and design
- Nice to have knowledge of Data Lakes and their challenges, alongside other more advanced and modern Information and Data Architecture challenges
- Has implemented an enterprise grade solution
- Experience of industry standards in the semantic stack, to include RDF, OWL, NLP, URI' s, etc.
- Graduate calibre
- Visionary and strategic thinker, without losing detail and tactical understanding
- Key influencer at all levels
- Can communicate complex Data and Information Architecture concepts into business value, across technical and non-technical audiences alike.
- Strong understanding of product roadmap and the need to balance strategic goal with immediate delivery needs (revenues)
- Can mentor and coach in a complex organisations
If you feel this is you, please give me a shout on firstname.lastname@example.org/0207 0140230