Lead Scrum Master - Luton - Perm - 65K-70K
At A Glance
Joining the IT Solutions team as a Lead Scrum Master, you will bring your experience of coaching and mentoring technical teams and facilitating software deliveries through the development life cycle to produce high quality software for our core travel systems.
Our client is the world's number one integrated tourism business. The IT Solutions team is responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle and oversee the delivery of our software solutions to support our selling systems, airlines and customer platforms.
What You Will Be Doing
In this role you will lead the adoption and enhancement of Agile practice. Working closely with the key business customers, stakeholders, external partners and all groups within the organisation, you will implement, evolve, support and own the Agile culture and mind-set.
Along with the line management and coaching of the Scrum Masters within the web development team, you will also coach the whole digital team on Scrum, Kanban, Lean and other agile processes.
You will support the Product Owners in planning user stories and releases to help the teams to successfully collaborate on the digital solution.
You will lead the enhancement of waterfall approaches in software engineering and their interfacing with agile projects to show how agile and waterfall can work together to deliver complex business initiatives.
Whilst developing strong partnerships with technology and business leaders both internally and externally, you will promote value-driven delivery, continuous learning, and improvement in modern software engineering management practices. You will empower teams and educate senior stakeholders by showing them the benefits of protecting teams from unplanned tasks.
You will liaise with senior members of supplier organisations both on-shore and offshore, ensuring focus is on following the chosen agile methodologies. You will support application design to maximise reuse of software components.
In addition to the coaching role, you will also facilitate and contribute to the daily scrum, demo, retrospective; sprint planning and product backlog refinement meetings. You will work with scrum teams to ensure that user stories with acceptance criteria are broken down to a minimum, testable and estimable level and the team have a Definition of Ready and Definition of Done to ensure clear understanding. Working with the Scrum Masters, you will propose agile key performance indicators and reporting requirements.
Overall you will create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation and learning.
What We Are Looking For
- Significant experience as an Agile Coach or Lead Scrum Master. You can provide inspiring examples of where you have delivered improvements to teams scrum practitioner skills and driven improved business outcomes.
* Highly customer-focused approach. Demonstrable focus on delivering brilliant customer experiences to customers.
* Be a pro-active, self-motivated, confident person with good organisational and communication skills with strong attention to detail.
* Enjoy working with others and getting the best out of them.
* Be diplomatic while in negotiations & troubleshooting.
* Maintain a high standard of attention to detail with clarity of communication.
* Stay calm under pressure while giving clear direction in a fast moving environment.
* Have a Scrum Master Certification (CSM or PSM I) and any other relevant agile qualifications and training.
* Know which flavour of agile to use and when to use it (example: Kanban vs. Scrum vs. XP)
* Have experience playing the Scrum Master role within an agile environment applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
* Have good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
* Be knowledgeable of patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum framework e.g. burndown techniques, retrospective formats.
* Digital awareness. Past experience operating in a digital organisation.
* Experience in either line management or matrix management
* Experience in using tracking systems (e.g. Rally, JIRA)
* Experience of working with both on shore and off shore 3rd party teams
* Well versed with agile software engineering practices (e.g. Continuous Integration, Automation, TDD, and BDD).