Lead Scrum Master - Luton - £60,000 - £70,000
Our client a FTSE 100 Global e-commerce organisation who operate in over 180 countries are seeking a Lead Scrum Master to join their IT Solutions team. In this role you will lead the adoption and enhancement of Agile practice as well have line management responsibility for 7 scrum masters.
- Along with the line management and coaching of the Scrum Masters, you will also coach the whole digital team on Scrum, Kanban, Lean and other agile processes.
- You will support the Product Owners in planning user stories and releases to help the teams to successfully collaborate on the digital solution.
- You will lead the enhancement of waterfall approaches in software engineering and their interfacing with agile projects
- Developing strong partnerships with technology and business leaders both internally and externally, you will promote value-driven delivery, continuous learning, and improvement in modern software engineering management practices. You will empower teams and educate senior stakeholders by showing them the benefits of protecting teams from unplanned tasks.
- You will liaise with senior members of supplier organisations both on-shore and offshore, ensuring focus is on chosen agile methodologies. You will support application design to maximise reuse of software components.
- You will also facilitate and contribute to the daily scrum, demo, retrospective; sprint planning and product backlog refinement meetings. You will work with scrum teams to ensure that user stories with acceptance criteria are broken down to a minimum, testable and estimable level and the team have a Definition of Ready and Definition of Done to ensure clear understanding. Working with the Scrum Masters, you will propose agile key performance indicators and reporting requirements.
- Significant experience as an Agile Coach or Lead Scrum Master
- Previous line management experience
- Have a Scrum Master Certification (CSM or PSM I) and any other relevant agile qualifications and training.
- Know which flavour of agile to use and when to use it (example: Kanban vs. Scrum vs. XP
- Experience in using tracking systems (e.g. Rally, JIRA)
- Experience of working with both on shore and off shore 3rd party teams
- Well versed with agile software engineering practices (e.g. Continuous Integration, Automation, TDD, and BDD).
If this Lead Scrum Master role is of interest then please respond with an up to date CV.