Role - Lead Solutions Architect
Salary - £80K + bens
Location - York or Norwich
As Lead Solution Architect, you will be responsible for creation of end-to-end solution designs that drive this vision forward. You will also be part of a wider global architecture practice and will support, enhance and promote the process and delivery of architecture (and its value) across the organisation.
The role is expected to:
- Lead a team of solution architects to define end-to-end solutions for IT change programmes.
- Create end to end designs that are fit for purpose from a functional, non-functional, service, and security point of view.
- Deliver solutions that progress the overall architecture, align to Aviva's IT Strategy and comply with standards.
- Drive improvement in design quality.
Key aspects of the role:
Solutions and Assurance:
- Lead creation of solutions and design for projects to meet the companies standards for technology and ensure they meet our ambitions for availability, security, resilience and performance.
- Perform early triage and shaping of IT initiatives to support investment decisions and initial delivery planning.
- Produce design options with associated costs, benefits and risks to enable investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance to policies, standards and target architecture. Represent area of accountability in all appropriate broader governance bodies and processes.
- Responsible for the integrity of end-to-end solutions, including transition states used to achieve target state.
- Provide leadership on key designs to ensure the long term strategic goals of the companies IT are met as well as short term project needs.
- Approval of design artefacts of team members.
- Perform design reviews on key areas of the existing IT estate in support of wider initiatives to improve service, security and reduce estate complexity.
- Ensure design artefacts are produced to support stakeholder group for service, security, architecture and engineering.
- Support and lead the business with innovative ideas to improve the service we give to our customers.
- Coach and mentor team members to achieve the required design and architectural outcomes.
- Manage a team of c.10 direct reports.
- Accountable for people management decisions including recruitment, setting objectives, performance management, recommending reward and/or bonus.
- Member of the Solution Architecture Leadership Team.
- Expected to maintain strong links to technical teams across the company to share learning and ensure sharing of best practice.
- Able and willing to bring through the next generation of talent either within or outside of the team.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Excellent design and architecture skills.
- Experience of turning strategic direction into deliverable E2E solutions that drive IT Architecture forward.
- Strong knowledge of end to end project lifecycle methodologies (mainly agile).
- Strong technical experience. This role requires broad experience with the ability to apply it across a variety of customer and business scenarios. Experience in cloud technologies is advantageous (esp Amazon Web Services).
- The role holder must care about technology and how to exploit it for the benefit of our customers.
- Financial acumen to support development of business cases and to inform key design decisions.
- Ability to anticipate future trends and needs as well as managing current environment.
- Strong analytical capability and background.
- Ability to think long-term strategically and operationally.
- Strong personal impact and influence.
- Good stakeholder and relationship management at all levels.
- Experience of operating at senior management levels within the company.
- Leadership skills.
If you have the above and excellent communication skills apply NOW!!!