Montash have been engaged by a Leading Company in the Defence and Aviation Industry to source a Linux engineer for a 6 month contract.
- As a Linux-Centric Software Integration Engineer you will help specify, design and setup a secure web file transfer portal. The successful candidate will be familiar with integrating COTS web based tools with external authentication and automation providers. They will assist in product selection and perform an evaluation before designing, documenting and implementing the complete solution.
- The Linux-Centric Software Integration Engineer will also contribute to the end to end design and engineering of safe, secure and resilient repositories where NATS can store authorised versions of software media along with assisting with the on boarding of the SOM Configuration Management solution, including the Configuration Management Database, Discovery and Definitive Media Library functions.
- Skills Required
- Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, possibly Windows Web Servers and proxies: apache httpd, possibly nginx and haproxy
- Programming Languages: bash, python, php, ruby
- Software: Managed File Transfer (MFT) solutions, such as Pydio, Serv-U, Oracle MFT
- Authentication Integration: LDAP, Active Directory
- Experience with producing Work Instructions
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple disparate teams
- Writing Low Level Design Documentation
Skills Nice to have
- Automation Integration: ServiceNow Orchestration, Jenkins
- Knowledge/Experience of ServiceNow Service Desk, CMDB and ServiceNow Discovery
- Experience in automating discovery of Configuration Items across a wide set of infrastructure and applications
- Software management (patching, package, application distribution)
- Software Media and Code repository
- Experience / Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture Tools