Linux Systems Administrator
Location: West London.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000.
My client a global retailer is looking for a Linux systems engineer to join their established team.
As a Sys Admin you'll be driven by the desire to ensure that every system and Linux hosted application is configured optimally. In your role, you will do all that you can to optimise performance and deliver solutions tuned for business requirements.
- Solid Linux systems administration, configuration, optimization and monitoring.
- Virtualisation: KVM
- Experience deploying and supporting high availability services.
- Must have good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Programming/Scripting skills e.g. Python, Java, Perl or similar.
- Familiarity with any automation tools e.g. Ansible, Chef or Puppet etc.
- Use of any modern container systems such as Docker, Vagrant etc.
About the role:
As a Linux Systems Administrator your duties will include:
- Designing and orchestrating the provisioning, installation, dynamic configuration and monitoring.
- Automation work to eliminate the need for manual updates and direct intervention.
- Using monitoring systems to detect service and security issues and diagnose/fix service performance to achieve the highest levels of system availability, performance, and security.
- Migration of legacy systems
If you are interested in the above position please apply.