Role: Linux Systems Administrator or DevOps Engineer
Salary: £40-70K + bens + bonus (depending on experience)
Skills: VMWare, Docker, Linux, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Git, Agile, CI/CD, Containerisation, Automation
Our client is seeking a Systems Administrator who would like to move into a DevOps role and may have some of the below. Most of all they want someone who is passionate about technology, learning and someone who is very keen on DevOps. You will join a team of 6 and have expertise on building on the infrastructure side rather than just cloud as they are an engineering company. Their clients are within financial services and therefore you will have excellent communication skills. If you already work within DevOps then you will be most likely be at the top of the pay scale and have most of the below.
If you want a challenging yet progressive and growing company to work for who invest in their staff then read on...........................
Working within the platform engineering team, successful candidates will help us meet the growing demands of our growing business - automating and streamlining our operations and processes, building the tools for monitoring, alerting & maintenance, and scaling up our deployment mechanisms & infrastructure to meet our ambitious plans.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Implementation of new requirements within our existing devops codebase (puppet, vmware)
- Code review of pull requests from colleagues (git)
- Investigation & triage of production issues where appropriate
- Improvements & refinement of monitoring and alerting systems (elasticsearch ELK + nagios)
- Investigate and implement containerised deployment architecture (docker)
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Passionate about writing high-quality software & proving its correctness through tests
- Able and keen to learn new technologies
- Happy to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Well versed in delivering software using Agile methodologies
- Passionate about CI/CD & automation
- Strong linux skills
- Designed, deployed or maintained a complex containerised application stack
- Experienced with Docker, & (> one of) Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, DC/OS, etc
- Experience of decomposing a large complex application to a container model
- Development background - ability to understand a complex application stack; good agile development practices
- Puppet, Ansible, Vmware, Hadoop, Impala, Elasticsearch experience