The Managed Service Security Engineer will be responsible for two main roles:
- Troubleshooting a variety of security technologies to ensure that the Managed Service Security Operations Centre maintains it's flow of event logs from its customers.
- Supporting customers with advice and guidance on security events analysis
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of security devices such as Firewalls, Proxies, endpoints, IDS/IPS and how to analyse and troubleshoot issues within a security operations center environment.
The customer services element to the role requires clear and concise communication in order to liaise with customers when issues arrise. An example of this would be if a customer device stops feeding logs through to the security operations centre. The MSS Engineer would be expected to speak with the customer, troubleshoot the issue and source a solution to the problem. At times this may require escalation to more senior engineers.
- Good understanding of network operations/computer network monitoring
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with security devices
- Linux troubleshooting experience
- Understanding of logging methodologies
- Experience working in a Managed Security Services Environment