My client, a FTSE 100 retail company with a presence in over 150 countries worldwide, is seeking an MI developer to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation undergoing a £100mn IT transformation programme.
As MI developer you would be joining the the IT Solutions team, widely responsible for the development, delivery, quality assurance and testing of software used across the business. Working across project and business-as-usual priorities, the team collaborate with further IT teams and business leads to design and deliver IT applications which consistently improve customer experiences.
The MI Developer will design, document, develop and deliver software and changes to existing software in line with documented business requirements. Key aspects of the role include interpreting detailed requirements to produce technical specifications/details design documents, developing/delivering code for complex changes, supporting testing activities, providing code fixes to problems as well as assisting with design/code reviews to ensure that assets are acceptable and confirm to standards.
What We're Looking For
- Proven skills in Informatica (ETL), Unix Scripting andOracle PL/SQL
- An excellent understanding and track record of working with large Data Warehouses
- Extensive experience of working in a structured software development - both waterfall and agile
- Experience in systems analysis taking business requirements through detailed design / technical specification
- Applicants will need to be able to work as part of a team, with strong interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written
- Self-motivated with "can do" attitude and a will to succeed are essential
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as Cognos or Business Objects will be advantageous
- A strong background of developing other languages (such as Perl) and technologies (e.g. Tibco) will also be advantageous
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to you then please get in touch. Call Barty Isola on 0207 014 0230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.