My client is one of the world's largest travel provider with a huge presence in the UK. Their growing business is largely based on their successful websites and now looking for dedicated Development Manager to join their IT Solutions Team.
Their IT Solutions team is responsible for all areas of the software development life cycle and oversee the delivery of my client's software solutions.
About the role
- Your technical leadership and decisions will directly impact the availability, performance and maintainability of our platform where reliability, resilience and performance are crucial to our business performance. Your decisive and confident leadership under pressure will ensure quick recovery when issues arise.
- You will make daily decision to ensure stable delivery. You will play an important part in the decision making of the day to day operations of the platform by providing guidance, risk assessment and recommendations regarding the operations of the platform and the delivery team.
- You will oversee a team of development, design and test resources. Liaising with the Yield stakeholders, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of key company projects to time and to budget. Combining your technical and project experience, your leadership will ensure that our suppliers and in-house resource are appropriately managed to meet the set objectives.
- You will set the yearly operational budget for supporting the platform and ensure that the best approaches are used for the delivery of projects to minimise cost and optimise resources.
- You will be responsible for the supplier management of one of our biggest suppliers, negotiating resources, delivery schedules, optimising cost and ensuring quality deliveries.
- Proven track record in building high-performance, enterprise applications at scale, leading and managing teams on complex software projects and be able to take accountability and confident at driving actions through to resolution.
- You will take ownership products and/or components in terms of being fully accountable for the efficient, quality, and effective implementation of the relevant components /roadmap.
- You will provide first class technical leadership of the software development team including clear and concise technical guidance, as well as have a thorough understanding of J2EE technologies, architectures and deployments.
- You will also have good understanding of Business Analytics, data warehousing and database centric applications and implement industry best practice processes and quality measurements across Development.
- In this role you will interact effectively with the Project Managers, Portfolio Management, Product Management, Architecture, Solution Design, Services Delivery and Support teams to ensure we build the quality products to support our business goals and customer experience.