Montash have been engaged by a global organisation in Southern Germany to source a Migration Control Manager with experience in Data Centre migration and consolidation programmes.
The successful consultant will engage to assist the project team to consolidate 100+ local data centres into a small number of strategic ones.
- High level scheduling: outline the process involved in scheduling the migration of applications and servers from current locations to strategic data centers.
- Countdown to migration: develop and maintain spreadsheets which accurately map each application and server to a migration slot, with a defined time and date.
- Throughput control: centrally manage the input of information from the migration teams against the volumes and types of applications and servers to be migrated.
- Escalation: ensure that cross-team, cross-site issues are managed and escalated properly. Act as mediator between two or more parties; manage and control requirements / risks / issues at project level.
- Monitoring and publishing: Full process monitoring will identify the issues and risks to feed into all areas discussed above. Communication and actions arising from published results will be escalated or communicated accordingly to the relevant parties.
- Extensive experience with Data Centre migration and consolidation projects
- Strong knowledge of server and or mainframe infrastructure migration experience
- Industry exposure to Finance/Insurance is a bonus
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience in working in a highly regulated industry
- Fluent English is essential - German/French language would be advantageous
- Project management/Leadership experience is desirable
For more information please call me on +44 (0) 207 014 0231.
If you feel you have the skills and experiences for this requirement please apply below. If you feel it would be better suited to a colleague or friend please send this to them.