Montash have been engaged by a Global Consultancy to source a Migration Engineer to work on site at a financial services client based in Coventry. This is a 12 month contract opportunity with a chance of extension.
The client are currently in the process of migrating 200 applications to a hybrid cloud environment. This is part AWs and part traditional data centre. The client have categorised all the applications into migration groupsand the next steps would be putting together a Migration Design Document. There is a combination of applications in each move group.
- Confirm migration wave plan and grouping with Client and support Client Change Mgmt process
- Create MDD (Migration Design Document) for each move group
- Migrate the applications and data based on various migration methods (P2V, V2V, lift and shift, build from scratch, backup and restore, Platespin etc)
- Coordinate migration activity with 3rd parties, Client support team, Application Owners and Business Owners
- Testing (As per agreed scope)
- Early Life Support for migrated applications
Nice to Have
Networks and Network Configuration