I am currently working with an international enterprise based in Berlin. This enterprise is currently upgrading their ERP System to Ms Dynamics NAV 2015 and as such they are seeking to build an in-house team of technically gifted professionals. You will be working on one of the most complex and interesting NAV implementations in the DACH Region. The primary focus will be Dynamics NAV Architecture, with additional activities using SQL and Biztalk, SSRS, and integrations with Dynamics NAV.
The Information Technology NAV Project and Architect Leader will assist the Best Practices team members in driving NAV system implementation and upgrade efforts to successful completion across the entirety of the enterprise.
Additionally, the Information Technology NAV Project and Architect will be called upon to ensure all business requests for enhancement and projects are analysed and prioritized. The leader will work within the context of a broader Best Practices support team executing along multiple functional disciplines to better the operational effectiveness of the entire company via Navision solutions and project support. The leader will report to the Senior Manager of IT Enterprise Applications and will regularly interface with the company's C-level executives and SVPs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the NAV technical architect and consultant on large scale systems implementations and upgrades, leading the technology gap/fit assessments, functional spec design, software selection, and integration efforts.
- Maintain the development library to include documentation associated with modifications
- Lead efforts to standardize, document, and maintain process for development.
- Manage NAV Developers
- Maintain project universe with level of effort and prioritization
- Work with the Communication/Schedule Lead to ensure resources needs are met and scheduled according to skill sets and project needs.
- Bring significant Navision technology experience to bear on assessments of corporate, business, and individual location needs
- Interface with business unit leaders, forecasting managers, senior corporate executives, and other necessary parties to gain insight into which areas provide the best risk/reward profile for improvement projects
NECESSARY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology or analytical discipline. Development focus preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a Microsoft NAV Developer, Project Manager, and/or Consultant
- Knowledgeable of business processes across the oil and gas industry including manufacturing, warehousing, assembly, accounting and supply chain.
- Ability to multitask multiple project demands and schedules
- Ability to operate in a team environment at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Broad range of managerial skills required with particular emphasis on people and process leadership and administrative competency
- High proficiency in planning, staffing and budgeting