Montash have been engaged by a Financial Service Company who are undergoing a major network transformation journey, involving leading edge technologies such as SD-WAN and ACI/SDN data networking, to enable and underpin t heirbusiness and IT strategy. They are also maturing and evolving our Cyber protection journey to protect services for their customers. **Knowledge and experience in banking/financial services infrastructure is essential.**
The Infrastructure Development department is responsible for the design and delivery of all new infrastructure for the client's projects and programmes. As a member of the design practice within Infrastructure Development, you will be working closely with IT and business stakeholders to develop network infrastructure solutions which implement architectural strategy and meet business needs.
What they are looking for
You'll be an experienced Network Infrastructure Designer, proficient in producing complex high level designs.
You will be able to build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders and be able to gain their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism.
The Design practice is looking for In depth knowledge of either:
- Network Data: LAN, WAN, Wireless
- Network Security: Prevent, Protect, Cyber
As a skilled Network Infrastructure Designer/architect you'll have:
- A proven track record in designing and delivering large scale technical solutions.
- In depth knowledge of Network protocols and methodologies, such as layer 2/3/4, routing protocols, SSL, VPN, Load Balancing, DNS, Traffic Flow Mapping
- Ability and desire to quickly comprehend the functions, capabilities and benefits of new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels.
- Well-developed coaching and mentoring skills.
- Experience of working in multi-partner delivery models
- Excellent analytical and technical design skills.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Certified design professional accreditations such as CCDP or equivalent
- Practical knowledge and experience in B2B solutions and Data Centre technologies such as Cisco, F5, Intel Security, Juniper
- Knowledge and experience of structured development tools, processes and methodologies (i.e. TOGAF) and translate this into workable practice.
- Experience of regulatory environments such as PCI
What you'll be doing
You will be part of a team responsible for delivery of innovative, complex and multi-disciplinary high level network infrastructure designs that provide optimal business and customer outcomes, whilst maintaining the required commercial and strategic focus and architectural alignment.
When required, you will also be providing oversight and coordination of contract design resource and appropriate delivery partners to ensure effective delivery of network infrastructure designs.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Producing and reviewing network infrastructure designs.
- Applying relevant policies, standards, best practice and architectural strategy to ensure most efficient creation of network infrastructure designs.
- Validating and approving solution implementations against designs.
- Identifying and escalating solution inter-dependencies, risks and exceptions across multiple projects and programmes to protect the integrity of the wider infrastructure landscape.
- Managing relevant stakeholders and relationships across the business.
- Contributing to the continual improvement of Infrastructure Design across the change lifecycle within the company.
- Acting as principal subject matter expert for developing, coaching and mentoring technical resources within the team and across the department.
- Collaborating on strategic proof of concepts and pilots with architects.