Montash is currently retained by a global communications organisation seeking a Network Development Manager to join their growing business. The role will report into the Vice President Network Development and will manage the Engineering team responsible for the design, and development of our solutions platform for Global Xpress voice, data, and video services. This will include the Core Network and Service Delivery Platform (SDP). This is a wide ranging technical role that will require the successful candidate to lead the team and activities related to design, development, system integration, acceptance testing, service introduction, and hand-off to operations.
Desired skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience in large scale software product development as architect, lead developer or technical lead.
- Knowledge of modern web development technologies: Java, web services (REST), NoSQL databases, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, able to balance multiple projects and tasks, complete them successfully, and within timelines
- Understanding of modern rapid and agile development methodologies and test-driven, iterative development practices
- Engineering knowledge of satellite systems and network based services
- Good knowledge of network technologies, such as IP/routing protocols, LAN/WAN.
- Strong interpersonal skill and oral and written communication skills
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation with an excellent reputation for career progression and to join their growing business. As a global leader in their field this organisation is looking for a career driven individual who will have a clear career path when joining their practice. A highly competitive package is on offer for the right candidate. This role is based in the Central London.