Montash are currently seeking a Network Engineer for a global FMCG based in the Reading. The post holder will be responsible for managing the evaluation, design, implementation and maintenance of a global data network as required by the business.
The role will require significant experience in Information Technology with a focus on Networking including enterprise-class routers and switches, cisco, EIGRP, MPLS VoIP, QoS, and IP Telephony technologies. The role will require somebody that is hands on but also can help set and implement the IT networking strategy going forward.
The right candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Strong experience with enterprise-class routers and switches (Cisco experience required)
- Significant experience with network routing and switching protocols (BGP, EIGRP, and MPLS) as well as working with VoIP, QoS, and IP Telephony technologies
- Demonstrable experience with network security and related principles, best practices, and industry trends.
- Experience with network management protocols like SNMP and NetFlow, network management products such as Solarwinds Orion and network documentation products such as netViz and Visio
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical discipline or work equivalent
- Demonstrated project management and coordination skills
- Stong communication skills are ESSENTIAL.
The role will be based in Reading. The role comes with both an impressive base salary and package.
Please apply to this advert if you meet the above requirements and any successful applicants will be contacting via either telephone or email.