Montash have been engaged by a Leading FMCG company to source a Network Security Architect to serve as a thought leader for network and security strategy and architecture.
You will be reponsible for the design and and providing expert level guidance across the business for all network and security technologies. You will make sure company policies , standards and procedures are compliant. You will also serve as an "expert advisor" to other areas of the client's IS/IT organisation.
Leadership, Consultation & Implementation Strengths
- Establish and maintain enterprise strategy, architecture, standards and policies for network and security technologies, that ensures performant and secure data transmission.
- Ensure adoption as part project deployment and evergreen roadmap initiatives.
- Provide review and guidance to IS/IT project teams on appropriate network and security related technologies required to fulfil the strategic vision and target architecture.
- Research industry standards and best practices in network security technologies in order to advise other areas within IT.
- Sign off on architectural designs and participate in the delivery of solutions.
- Represent networks and security in review boards and / or design authorities as required.
- Assist IT leadership and contribute to the definition of the IT strategy and technical roadmaps for the global business
- Develop, publish and communicate the network and security technology roadmap to fulfil the strategy.
- Working alongside the Director of Security, provide expert level security consultation on internal projects focusing on business needs, security's role in change management, and how data can and should be transmitted internally and externally.
- Evaluate and monitor projects involving networks and security solutions. Assist internal technology teams to ensure projects remain on target, within budget, and are completed according to policies and standards.
Serve as the subject matter expert on network security, cloud services, LAN and WAN issues and provides expert level consultation to other IT teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent) or related field.
- Expert level Information Technology experience with particular and recent experience of developing networks and security strategy and architecture and supporting its implementation in a global business.
- Strong background in network security risk assessment and threat management.
- Advanced experience with technical design and visualisation techniques including as a minimum Microsoft Visio.
- TOGAF certification.
- Experience working in a manufacturing business.
- Networks related Cisco certification.
- Experience with a recognised Security architecture control framework such as ISO/IEC 27000.
- Ability to listen, probe, influence, negotiate and build consensus.
- Ability to communicate verbally, visually and textually.
- Ability to communicate appropriately to different stakeholder groups with different levels of technical literacy.
- Ability to listen and quickly absorb lots of information.
- Ability to influence and enthuse.
- Credibility with technology peers.
- Ability to see the big picture and work top down.