As the Monitoring Onboarding SME you will be responsible for assisting the Service Groups to understand and complete their Service Design for consuming SOM Monitoring Services, for the development and completion of configuration and data load templates, and for the configuration and data loads themselves.
- Service Group specification of the configuration and/or data to define the Service Group¿s Service(s). Expected to consist of a number of SOM workshops to collate/initiate the collection of, and act as guidance for, Service Group data collection
- Collect test cases for Service Group testing
- Build Onboarding package (data sheets, use cases, diagrams, test cases) to be configured within the SOM Tooling;
- Provision of target completion dates for Service Group Test planning
- Loading or configuring of the Service Group¿s data within SOM Tooling, provision of monitoring facilities and test;
- Unit integration test Assurance point against Service Groups Onboarding specification
- Proven experience of implementing Monitoring/Management solution sets in enterprise environments.
- Proven experience of design and implementation of service-aware event management tools, using CMDB integration, service models and Service Impact Analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands on design, build and configuration experience in CA UIM tooling/ServiceNow ServiceWatch/ITOM will be a clear advantage
- Ability to integrate available tools in bespoke environments; knowledge of Unix scripting, REST APIs, SNMP and logging frameworks is desirable.
- Experienced in managing configuration of rulesets for thresholds, events, alerts and notifications, optimising the environment to avoid overloading operations.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Chef/Puppet/or equivalent
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple disparate teams, whilst also being to work autonomously as required.
If you are available for a new contract position, please get in touch with me on 0207 014 0239 or email me on Ashleya@montash.com