Operations Manager - Support
Position Title: Operations Manager - Support
Department Global: Meetings & Events
Country: United Kingdom
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Location City of London (UK)
Montash have been engaged by a global events management organisation who are currenlty searching for an addition to their Credit Control/Operations team. Managing a team of 4, you woud be repsonsibel for implementing and oversseing financial controls and reconciliation of accounts, directly supporting the Finance Director.
- Drive the Support Travel team on procedures and process improvements
- Coach, support, motivate and develop team members
- Ensure entire team is fully skilled, trained and knowledgeable on industry guidelines and legislation
- Responsible for succession planning and recruitment within the team with assistance and input from team leader(s)/senior support agent/s
- Manage team performance, address all areas of concern, and ensure relevant development is deployed where required and if fit for purpose
- Work with other managers and team leaders to resolve any conflicts/ performance management issues
- Maintain and develop team skills matrix and training log in conjunction with other managers in the business
- Own and ensure team deliver agreed SLA and KPI.
- Ensure the team is adequately resourced at all times and review on a monthly basis when additional support may be required within the team structure
- Identify and implement process improvements where applicable
- Ensure that all financial controls are implemented and adhered to within the team
- Chair regular team meetings to share information, plans and idea as to how to move the team forward and participate actively in monthly management meetings
- Complete objective & performance reviews within the agreed timeframes.
- Deliver, own and regularly maintain support process documentation.
- Ensure procedures for invoicing clients and payments to suppliers are followed
- Responsible for overseeing the creation of billing files to allow invoice or charge to client.
- Oversee the reconciliation of credit card accounts on weekly basis.
- Ensure specific client requirements relating to billing are adhered to.
- Managing the query process between finance and for invoice queries from clients and responding within agreed SLA.
- Correcting accounting entries in error, relating to billing files created.
- Ensure inter-company charges are processed correctly and within the SLA.
- Run Operational reports to support Finance Director
- Support Finance Director
- Manage ad hoc adjustments to CVent user field, validation tables, access privileges, users, etc.
- Monitor Finance Validated in CVent and Starcite
The successful candidate will be educated to degree standard or equivalent in work experience. You will need to have exceptional skills and knowledge of the industry and related financial processes, with knowledge of operational tools being a plus.
You will be a confident communicator with proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate others across the business whilst remaining self-motivated, organised and prepared to challenge and work at pace.
Finally, you will have administration and finance experience ideally qualified or partially qualified in financial management. Knowledge of Airline and group travel (including rail) along with knowledge of GDS, BSP and rail systems and related technology is essential.
If this excellent opportunity is of interest please get in touch. Send your CV to email@example.com or call Barty Isola on 02070140230.