Oracle DBA - Investment Bank - £300 - £500 Per Day - ASAP - 6 Months
Montash are currently retained by a Global Investment Bank to source and secure a Oracle DBA
Our Banking client is offering an excellent opportunity for a highly skilled Oracle DBA to join their London based team on an initial 6 month contract.
Oracle DBA will provide production and development support for all database applications.
This includes backup and recovery, performance analysis, data management and user and developer assistance across the Java and development teams. The DBA will also be responsible for database connectivity using ODBC, JDBC and vendor specific architectures.
Oracle DBA Key Responsibilities
* Develop and maintain database build standards for Oracle RDBMS
* Monitor and manage database resources
* Document and manage database server backup and restore procedures
* Provide database design support to development projects.
* Maintain the database documentation.
* Write ad-hoc queries as requested by users and/or developers.
* Review all database application code and write stored procedures.
* Release all database objects to production and non-production environments.
* Manage and maintain the source code control system for the database objects.
* Participate in the support shift cover 8am to 6pm and be available for on-call service.
* Develop and maintain a strategy for database management
* Assist IT Security in maintaining an appropriate database security policy.
Oracle DBA Key Skills
Investment banking experience
2008/12 SQL Server
PL SQL Scripting
Unix Shell scripting
Oracle DBA Desirable
Oracle Data Warehousing
MS SQL Server 200, 2005 RDBMS
SQL Server Replication
Transact SQL scripting
Sybase ASE 12.5/15
This is a amazing opportunity for a Oracle DBA to join a Global Investment bank on a 6 month rolling contract, if this is a great fit then please submit your profile for a confidential conversation