Montash is currently retained by a leading Organisation seeking a OSS Systems Analyst, to join their growing business.
- Systems Analyst for specification, design and integration of a Service Delivery Platform
- Lead the technical and architectural aspects of our software based products to ensure consistency, quality and architectural integrity,
- Must be able to do hands-on design and implementation of key technical components, frameworks, interfaces and services.
- Develop requirements for future enhancement of SDP in order to deliver new services, or optimise existing systems, oversee system integration and test campaigns
- Lead design and test and reviews, including review of detailed functional specifications,
- Develop test procedures in support of test campaigns and performance evaluation exercises,
- Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution
- Develop low level systems knowledge of assigned knowledge areas and providing knowledge transfer to the operations team
- Work closely with other teams within Development and Engineering, as well as Operations to ensure successful handover of new systems into commercial service.
- Work with vendors and internal stakeholders to define and design new services and features to improve performance or meet new service requirements.
- Review existing software and infrastructure and to areas for improvement in areas of scalability, quality, performance, security maintainability and architectural integrity.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- First Degree or equivalent in Computing Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- Proven relevant practical experience in systems analysis, design, testing and verification, data communication.
- 5+ years of experience in large scale software product development as architect, lead developer or technical lead
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, able to balance multiple projects and tasks, complete them successfully, and within timelines
- Able to translate between business requirements and the needs of the technical community in the form of Requirements specifications, architecture specifications and technical designs
- Knowledge of modern web development technologies: Java, web services (REST), NoSQL databases, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Deep understanding of modern rapid and agile development methodologies and test-driven, iterative development practices
- Experience with OSS systems particularly Order Fulfilment.
- Working knowledge with notations such as UML, BPMN 2.0 and their practical application
- Understanding and good familiarity with business and architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman
- Competent in using Lifecycle tools such as Blueprint, Enterprise Architect, RUP toolset
- Experience with CRM Systems
- Good knowledge of network technologies, such as IP/routing protocols, LAN/WAN.
- Strong interpersonal skill and oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and commitment to travel
If this position is of interest please contact Chloe Winterhalter:
Chloea@montash.com or 0207 014 0230