My clients are experts in providing geotechnical, geophysical, and positioning & navigational support the oil & gas exploration industry. On this occasion they are providing positioning support services for a cable lay project offshore Malaysia. This project will commence on 28/05/15 and is approximately one month in length. Due to the urgency of this requirement, and local legislation, only Malaysian nationals can be considered.
- You are responsible for the survey operations and the survey personnel on board.
- You will maintain a minimum of administration to ensure the validity of the survey instrument's calibrations.
- You will maintain the overview of the survey as-built deliverables. The survey team under the party chief's supervision consists of multiple surveyors . The surveyors are in charge of the actual data collection. The party chief ensures the team have all the tools, knowledge and data at their disposal to carry out their work adequately. You also perform the quality control of their work.
- You will report to the superintendent, whose in charge of the daily operations of the vessel.
- You will discuss with the client any survey related matters and ensure all data received from the client is checked on completeness. Discovered ambiguities are discussed on board to clear that ambiguity. For non-project specific issues, you report to the end client's head office. You may occasionally be asked to put your expertise on paper to update or compile new general and project specific manuals.
- You are an experienced Party Chief and successfully completed your education in Hydrographic Surveying or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in the offshore survey industry.
- Strong experience with offshore navigation and positioning systems.
- Strong experience with subsea acoustic positioning systems (USBL) and multibeam; including QINSy and Starfix.
- Due to the urgency of this requirement, and local legislation, only Malaysian nationals can be considered; you may be asked to prove your nationality.
- Good command of the English language.
Should this opportunity interest you, it is recommended that you apply via the facility provided on this website.