Location: Delft, Holland
Role: Platform Engineer - X2
Salary: €4.5-5K per month + Bens
Skills: .NET, AWS, Azure, Windows, SQL, Powershell
As part of the platform team you will be responsible for running and scaling their fast growing platform. They run a diverse set of projects: apart from making sure that the platform runs smoothly and delivers a rock solid experience for their customers, you'll play a key role in their initiative to adopt more public cloud services. This makes for a very diverse role in a closely knit team of senior engineers. You'll work closely together with team members on platform improvement projects, as well as with other teams and external service providers to deliver new functionality for their SaaS platform.
There are 1700 employees worldwide and 500 based in Delft which is their head office. This is an English speaking role and you MUST have working rights for Holland before applying as sponsorship is not available.
· at least 5 years of experience in designing, implementing, automating and managing mission critical platforms, preferably in a Microsoft environment
· strong knowledge of Microsoft server products (Windows Server, MS-SQL, IIS)
· understanding of the concepts behind running a large scale, multi-tenant web application
· experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code tools and concepts, such as Powershell DSC, Chef, Puppet or Ansible
· experience in writing scripts (for instance in Powershell, Bash, Ruby or Python)
· understanding of common networking protocols and services including TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SMTP
· experience with troubleshooting complex technical problems across an entire web stack
· good communication skills both within your team and with other stakeholders
· knowledge in how to prioritize your own work and can remain effective under pressure
· experience with on-call schedules and understand the responsibilities that come with 'wearing the pager'
It would help you to excel in this position if you also have:
· experience with version control systems such as Git
· recent certifications for Azure or AWS
· knowledge of deployment tooling such as Xebia XL-deploy or Octopus Deploy
· experience with log management systems and Splunk in particular
· understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
· previous experience of working in an Agile software development environment
· experience of working within control frameworks such as ISAE3402 or ISO27001/2
If you possess the above and have super communication skills both written and verbal in English apply NOW!!!