Platform Engineer required. A Platform Engineer with a strong back-ground in infrastructure automation and cloud technologies is required by Montash's industry leading client based in The Hague, Netherlands. It is essential that as a Platform Engineer you have an extensive track-record working within enterprise Windows environments and possess advanced automation and configuration management skills using the following: Powershell (DSC) and Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
In previous positions as a Systems / Infrastructure Engineer, DevOps Engineer or Platform Engineer you will have thrived in Agile / Scrum environments, and have played a key role in designing, implementing, automating and managing Microsoft and SaaS platforms.
You will also be a dab-hand at working across operations and development teams, helping to build the infrastructure architecture, as well managing scalable, secure, and highly available environments.
The Platform Engineer will also ideally have a background in building-out and supporting cloud environments using AWS or Azure (accredited candidates preferred), and have strong scripting capabilities ideally in Powershell, Bash, Ruby or Python.
To summarise, the Platform Engineer must have the following skills:
- Experience in designing, implementing, automating and managing platforms, preferably in a Microsoft environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft server products (Windows Server, MS-SQL, IIS)
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code tools and concepts such as Powershell DSC, Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- experience in writing scripts (for instance in Powershell, Bash, Ruby or Python)
- Understanding of common networking protocols and services including TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SMTP
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS or Azure)
It would also be highly advantageous (although not essential) that you have had exposure to GIT, Xebia or Octopus Deploy, Splunk, and continuous integration and deployment techniques (CI / CD).
Alongside expert technical expertise you will also be a strong communicator with the ability to liaise with business people and stakeholders at all levels.
If you are currently looking for a new challenge and want to work for a fast growing multinational company, then please get in touch ASAP with your most current CV and await my response.