Role - Platform Manager - Guidewire
Salary - £50 - 82K + bens
Location - Perth, Scotland
- Develop and deliver technical strategy for scalable, high-quality platform services.
- Actively monitor and manage delivery of platform services, including delivery of technical platform changes.
- Drive development and delivery of resource strategy, capacity planning, cost and resource management for delivery of platform services (run and change).
- Drive compliance and adherence to Business Protection Controls and IT Standards.
Key Aspects of the role:
- Own technical platforms and accountable their long term integrity and maintainability.
- Identify, budget, plan and deliver technical activities to maintain technical platform assets.
- Plan and coordinate deployment, driving delivery of change to meet business needs and agreed commitments.
- Lead and manage a team of software engineers to support development and talent including supply and demand of permanent and GSP staff. This also includes sharing/placing resources in to feature teams.
- Manage and control resources and suppliers ensuring that supply and capability meets agreed commitments including engagement or engineering initiatives.
- Engage with key stakeholders to actively support and coordinate technical deliveries.
- Develop and drive platform strategy through operational innovation, leveraging Platform CoE (eg tools, methods, ways of working, etc).
- Confirm all changes adhere to BP Controls and IT standards and deliveries not have any unplanned impacts on service due to inefficient or in appropriate process or governance.
- Adapt team ways of working and service delivery model to embrace standards, methods, ways of working as developed / agreed with Platform CoE (S/W development processes, tools, Release Process, Test Services, Deployment methods (eg DevOps), etc).
- Adhere to agreed standards, ways of working, use of tools, processes, etc.
- Manage technical teams in the effective support, maintenance and improvement (otherwise known as 'Run') of a defined set of IT services and their underpinning applications.
- Accountable for service availability, incidents, problems, vulnerability removal, technical refreshes, disaster recovery, capacity and demand, performance.
- Customer Outcomes:
- Increased speed to market whilst ensuring production service remains key priority throughout any improvement work.
- Enhanced customer experience and value through world class release offerings and customer experience.
- Ability to deliver what our customers want when they want it within IT standards and appropriate governance.
- 0 Severity 1 or 2 incidents attributed to poor practice within change or support services.
- Year on Year increase of change delivery through Agile Continuous Release/Delivery pipelines.
- Consistent increase in Platform technical capability supporting Aviva's strategic direction (e.g. Cloud).
- Increase in automation to support Digital disruptor agenda.
This role requires someone who has experience within release services or IT delivery roles and understands the challenges and constraints that come with the territory.
You must be a 'leader', who is willing and able to inspire, drive performance and challenge the norm.
A pragmatic approach is essential to ensure appropriate transformation balanced with providing a stable and trustworthy service that the company can believe in. Technical and Stakeholder management skills are essential with ability to become a trusted IT Operations partner to our business and respected leader.
If you possess the above and have excellent communication skills apply NOW!!!