Montash have been engaged to find a skilled PostgreSQL Database Administrator to manage high-performance databases. The PostgreSQL DBA will be responsible for the tuning, scalability, availability and reliability of rapidly growing structured and unstructured data environments. This is an opportunity to work on new, innovative technologies, collaborating with talented engineering and operations teams.
- Install, monitor and performance tune large database systems.
- Work with development and operations teams to tune production queries for optimal performance.
- Implement and monitor replication for high availability and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Review new database schema changes.
- Monitor and manage database indexes for optimal performance.
- Automate the configuration management of database.
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or other technical domain.
- 2+ years of PostgreSQL database administration experience in a production environment.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure, application and database performance metrics.
- Solid understanding of various infrastructure components: servers, storage, and networking.
- Experience configuring and maintaining database monitoring/trending tools.
- Experience working in physical, virtual, and "cloud" environments.
- Some experience with web application build, deployment, and release management.
- Some SQL development experience.
- Some proficiency with scripting languages and tools.
This is an urgent requirement for a PostgreSQL DBA, please submit your CV for a confidential conversation.