Montahs have been engaged by a leading Travel Retailer to source a Problem and Incident Manager for a 6 month contract based in Luton.
The role will support BAU and Incident Problem Management, as well as a little bit of insight into new projects and new services. You will support the client across Group CRM, Mobile apps, Marketing Systems and Big Data Solutions.
The role is 90 percent BAU, with reactive problem solving, but you will also be requited to devote some time to root cause analysis, looking at recurring issues and process changes to reduce issues.
The ideal candidate will have experience within a large complex organisation that has a contact centre, a remote workforce and several outsourced partners.
- The number of outsource partners, some in India etc, lot of remote teams and the partners are at different levels of maturity. Ideal would be to secure resource with experience of dealing with large SI's
- Day to day escalations - some are quite low level but will still land in the Incident Managers remit, therefore there is scope to look at what's going wrong with the process that quite minor queries are escalating quite far internally.
Skills(in priority order):
- Accomplished Problem and Incident Manager for a large organisation (travel not required but large high transactional ecommerce organisations with local source markets, a contact centre, remote workforce and outsourced partners ideal)
- Offshore/outsource partners experience with some of the major players
- Really good communication skills
- Able to drive and action process improvements
- Organised approach
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Competencies:
- Extensive experience in the implementation of a ITIL based service management environment promoting a service quality culture across IT - ITIL practitioner level qualified
- Proven leader and motivator of IT staff, leading by example to encourage, mentor and develop staff to get the absolute best levels of staff performance and motivation. Deal effectively and in a timely manner with performance issues.
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate at all levels across IT, suppliers and the business community under difficult circumstances.
- Good working knowledge of travel related applications/IT infrastructure
- Proven and structured technical problem determination skills
- Proven capability to meet and exceed performance targets
- Understands key performance drivers of TUI business
- Progressive forward thinker, looking to actively improve price/performance via new methods
- Strong team player with ability to challenge, provide leadership and coaching
- Understands customer needs and business impact of IT incidents
- Proven ability to work with third party service providers
- Thorough knowledge of SLA and OLA development and management