Montash have been engaged by a Leading Travel and Tourism Retailer to source a Digital Product Designer for an initial 3 month contract based in Surbiton, Kingston Upon Thames.
The Product Designer will work on the client's legacy website platform re platforming front end react component design. So Far, digital brand guidelines have been designed and the component library partly scoped. The role will involve end to end design of the user journey. This is a stand alone role as the only Product Designer and will involve interfacing with the Product Manager and developers on a day to day basis. Majority of the time will be spent on website re design, there could be some scope to work on their mobile app if needed.
The team is relatively small in this particular area, despite it being a Global Company, so would not suit someone looking to work on very large, complex projects.
With a passion for digital design and user experience, you will regularly monitor trends and opportunities from both inside and outside the travel industry, to drive best practices and market leading enhancements in our work. You will build your own knowledge of latest web technologies and user centred design through online and offline research, attending events and sharing knowledge with the other web teams around the business.
- An enthusiastic product design and user experience practitioner with a passion for creating superior online user experiences
- A background producing high quality, accessible and fresh user journeys
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and results-driven, with good oral and written communications skills
- An understanding of the end-to-end user experience process, methods and tools
- Competent in the use of digital design tools essential, e.g. Sketch, Invision, Photoshop
- Proficient at creating wireframes and prototypes, using tools such as Omnigraffle and Axure
- Genuine team player who has the ability to work with both business and technical people
- Able to manage time effectively across multiple workstreams
- Experience / understanding of the following beneficial:
- Atomic design principles or working with component libraries