Montash is currently retained by a Global Leading Organisation seeking to acquire a Product Development Manager to join their growing business.
Our client is looking for an experienced Product Development Manager with previous experience of working across an international team.
The Product Development Manager will work with a broad international team across the business to understand the requirements for new opportunities analyse competition and translate these needs into new concepts, enabling implementation by the organisation and its partners.
- Work with your line manager, Business Units, customers and other relevant stakeholders to understand the requirements for a product or service from end user needs to value chain considerations, to competitive positioning and much more - whatever is relevant to the new proposition you are working with.
- Contribute to value proposition definition, new product concept generation
- Lead verification and feasibility studies related to validation of the proposition.
- Once concept is iteratively understood you will document and communicate requirements in a clear way that enables engineering and development partners to create products and services that sharply meet the opportunity's needs.
- Work with engineering and external development partners to ensure the vision for the product or service is delivered and on time.
- Diligently conduct beta testing of products, firmware releases and applications before market launch or release.
- Lead transition and roll out to the Business unit of a new product or service.
- Stay close to customers and customer service teams to collect and analyse market feedback post product launch and in life and follow up any issues with tangible actions.
- For smaller projects provide basic project status reports.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree, and preferably master's degree, in a relevant subject or equivalent professional experience, this will likely be in an engineering discipline.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in product management, software product management or user experience design or similar role
- Experience working with subcontractor companies or external developers to deliver great products
- Experience working in a collaborative, multifunction team
- A team player with a can do attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in working on iOS and Android applications is a bonus.
- Experience working with developer communities or ecosystems
Understanding of how product management, product development and product marketing teams work together
If this excellent opportunity is of interest or for a chat around the market please call Chloe Winterhalter on 0207 014 0230 or email email@example.com