IT Project Manager - Retail (65k-80k)
London (Head Office)
Montash have recently been engaged by one of the UK's leading retailers to help secure an IT Project Manager. Due to a recent surge in online sales, my client has recognised the need to invest heavily within E-Commerce. You will be joining this fantastic brand at the beginning of their ambitious growth plans.
We are looking for experienced project managers to work on several different projects from project initiation to project closure.
- Lead the day to day delivery of projects for the project sponsor to deliver the agreed business outcomes within timescale, cost and quality commitments.
- Be responsible for developing and tracking project plans across all work streams to ensure risks are mitigated and issues are swiftly dealt with to avoid project overspends and delays.
- Communicate and provide visibility of the progress of the project and budget, to all stakeholders in order that they can influence the outcome.
- Adhere to and promote project disciplines, methodologies and standards of Information Systems to ensure the quality and supportability of all deliverables.
- Manage key third party supplier relationships on a commercial and delivery level.
- Provide effective leadership to the project team to ensure that everyone understands and executes their role effectively, feels empowered and supported.
- Manage the cost control for the projects.
- Plan and run workshops.
Type of projects you would be involved in:
- Customer-facing experience enhancements, End to end customer journey, Major systems change programmes
- Product lifecycle & fulfilment
- Online marketing (SEO, PPC, SEM)
- Mobile, tablet & desktop, Security and compliance
- New payment methods, In-store productivity and workforce optimisation
Candidate skill and experience:
- Formal project management methodologies with a professional qualification desirable (based on Prince2, PMI and Agile)
- Experience as an IT Project Manager delivering complex Business Transformation projects, ideally in a retail environment (or similar)
- Systems experience of delivering application development projects is a pre-requisite.
- Systems performance and enhancement.
- Large scale technical integrations.
- Proven track record of managing the full project life cycle in retail.
- Budget management - cost tracking, business case, estimates and monitoring.
- Risk and issue management - making the right decision and taking the right actions for project success.
- Negotiating skills for external commercial arrangements.
- Experience of complex Business Transformation, software application and infrastructure projects, ideally within a Retail environment (or similar).
If this is a position that you feel you can achieve in, please do not hesitate to get in touch.