My client is a global management consulting firm who are recognised as a leader in delivering proven business strategies and technology solutions.
They are looking for an IT Project Manager who has demonstrated experience of working within a global business, delivering multiple simultaneous project and major change initiatives, preferably within a managed services environment.
Project Management at my client's firm are about managing customers through significant organisation change whilst managing scope and their resources to ensure on-time / in budget delivery of time and materials and fixed price engagements. Working in the Outsourcing Services team, you will be required to work closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders, such as implementation teams, service managers and customer's management teams.
The Project Manager has responsibility for the successful delivery of assigned projects with a wide scope of delivery which encompasses project planning, financial tracking and reporting, project resourcing, deliverable management and delivery process integration.
- Manage the Service Transition process from a managed services perspective, ensuring that all Design/Build/Run engagements are effectively managed throughout the formal service introduction lifecycle.
- Manage all discreet project activities in BAU Managed Services clients. The practice currently delivers services to in excess of 50 UK-based organisations. Typical Managed Services projects which fall within the scope of this role will range from 20 man days through 150+ man days. Multiple, parallel projects will be active at any one time.
- Managing the implementation of complex enterprise scale physical and virtual infrastructure platforms, maintaining the overall project plan, prioritising tasks and assigning resources, in liaison with the implementation team;
- Leading the full project lifecycle including transition into support;
- Managing a combination of distinct projects and project streams as part of a larger programme of work;
- Financial management of projects to deliver agreed profitability including consolidating cost and revenue reporting and management of Change Controls
- Leading teams consisting of my client's Consultants in the UK and offshore resources and management of third party dependencies;
- Reviewing and identifying resourcing requirements and liaising with practice management to ensure resources are available;
- Managing risk, protecting against scope creep through change control and taking accountability for the commercial relationship with customer;
- Involvement in pre-sales activities; giving technical and delivery input to proposals, delivering presentations.
- Stakeholder management and ability to communicate project progress to senior level clients
- Ability to create Statements of Work and manage progress against such deliverables
- Proven expertise in delivering project within client facing managed services delivery organisation;
- Experience of managing client facing projects within a shared/leveraged resourcing environment;
- Significant experience of working as a Project Manager in a commercial, client facing environment
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of projects across multiple geographies
- Managed application development projects or major application enhancements (Microsoft, Java, etc)
- Experience of delivering projects, major enhancements or service introduction projects in one or more of the platform technology areas (for example Oracle or SAP)
- Delivery of projects that include the management of external 3rd party suppliers
- Managed projects which include complex network, hosting and/or infrastructure elements.
- Proven and demonstrable experience of project financial control and resource planning, including the use of earned value financial and schedule management techniques
- Pre-sales and bid management experience;
- Relevant Project Management certification (e.g. Prince II, MSP);
- An education to degree level or equivalent.
There may be an element of traveling throughout the UK and internationally if and when required.