Python Developer required. A Python Developer is required by Montash's client, who are a leading investment bank, based in London on a six month contract.
The Python Developer will be assigned to the Analytics team, to work in partnership with Business Reporting teams, to deliver and help shape the ETL, data lake and presentation layer solution. The programme requires enthusiastic and committed individuals, having previous experience on developing etl, in Python, database designs and working in an agile environment.
The main objective of the solution is to be the central repository for sales information data for all Business Lines.
The role of the Python Developer will be to:
- Deliver on tasks in an Agile methodology.
- Design and develop ETL processes to integrate new data requirements.
- Design and develop new ETL processes for our Data delivery to reduce our time to market.
- Develop ETL processes using Python
- Work closely with the business and BA/PM's to deliver agreed solutions
- Provide 3rd level support, liaising either with the support team or with the business directly.
Skills / Qualifications
The Python Developer must have the following skills and qualities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2014/2016.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of ETL development in Python.
- Good understanding of Computer Science: algorithms, complexity, etc.
- Expertise in data warehouse design
- Experience with Agile/Lean development
- Wider IT culture & interest: OS, parallelization, network, machine learning, databases
The following experience would be desirable:
- Financial Banking business knowledge (products / exchanges)
- Test Driven Development or Behaviour Driven Development
- Data lineage analysis
- Good level of experience in a delivery focussed development team
- Strong developer and architectural appreciation, happy to develop
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as reporting capabilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Be creative, innovative, pro-active and convincing in terms of finding solutions.
- Proactive and flexible approach to dealing with challenges
If you are a good fit for this please apply immediately.