Montash have been engaged by a FTAE 100 Company to source a Release manager to role out a C4C CRM System functionality to source markets European wide with varying functionality.
You will be required to move code/functions through various test environments and drive to live support. Some source markets have already gone live and the new release will be additions to existing functionality whereas other are new rollouts for that particular source market.
Ideal candidate will be a Release Manager with strong Project Management practical experience and discipline and gravitas to make decisions whether a planned release should go ahead or not.
- A proven track record in project or programme delivery
- Technical acumen and experience of on prem, cloud and SaaS based services
- ITIL or similar IT Service Delivery processes
- Business and IT Service Change Management
- Capable and confident communicator, owning communication of the release (including status of the release, agreed scope, software versions etc.)
- Scheduling and Planning, highlighting dependencies understanding their relative importance
- Release Resourcing - support resourcing and resourcing issues to ensure the success of the release
- Risk and Impact Analysis - Identify and work with targets, dependencies and constraints
- Ability to see the big picture, analyse complex delivery schedules and evaluate ways to meet expectations; including alignment to Business Change Management and the Release Pipeline
- Build relationships with Environment Management, ensuring scheduling alignment for deployment and partnership relating to actions and issues
- Manage major issues / defects across Dry-run (Confidence Testing) and Go-live Weekends
- Lead Daily Stand-ups and similar of IT and Business Stakeholders
- Deliver Release Assurance, including Release Readiness, Gate Reviews and Lessons Learned to ensure the Release Management process continues to evolve
- Work with multiple disperse groups and Third Parties to prioritise and resolve issues
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged - coordinate with relevant parties for planning to ensure smooth delivery of projects (e.g. business for UAT, Infrastructure team for environments etc.)
- Assure Third Party performance and delivery in the release
- Able to take accountability and confident at driving actions through to resolution
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, adept at managing a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to demonstrate when a good job has been done
- Able to work on own initiative and take a long term view and anticipating workloads
- Proactive attitude and approach
- Drive, resilience and energy and the ability to adapt quickly to changes in priority
- Adhere to and help develop Release Policy, Process and Metrics, and help evolve the continual improvement of overall Release processes
- Proven experience of delivering release management in large and complex environments.
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC (including waterfall and agile)
- Knowledge of development scripts and automation tools used to build and deploy software
- Up-to-date with technology trends, including DevOps
- Ability to run a tight ship services organisation but also liaise seamlessly and flex where necessary to work the delivery organisation in order ensure smooth service introduction.
- Strong on process but able to make sensible adaptations where needed.
- Experience of ITIL based IT release methodology definition and adoption.
- Ability to gain, build and maintain stakeholder trust.
- Jira and/or Plutora experience (desirable)
- A successful candidate will have at least bachelor's degree level education in Computing, Natural Science, Mathematics, other numerate subjects. A degree in business or finance would also be considered relevant.
Test team, Project Manager, Ops and development teams and other source markets.
Specific challenges being the ambiguity of the environment at times, complex and supplier management to an extent - developers being set expectations.
- Strong project management disciplines
- Release management
- Understanding of test environments
- Experience within retail/ecommerce environment and a mix of other sectors
- Jira or similar development tools a huge plus
- C4C nice to have