Release Manager - Automotive
£55 - £65K
Near Birmingham, United Kingdom
My client, a European strategic e-commerce company are looking for a hands-on Release Manager tasked with delivering new digital channels to their clients. This will involve working closely with the CTO and defining and implementing the release management approach.
The releases can be inclusive of:
- Application updates
- Operating system patches
- Security improvements
- Hardware upgrades
- Test cycles
- Projects and programmes
Tools and services will be provided to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
You will work collaboratively with the development team, dev-ops team and project managers to maintain a release schedule that supports the development life cycle and code versions across development, test, pre-production and production.
The candidate must have experience of release management and associated tools, methodologies and approaches.
- Define and implement the Release Management approach across the platform
- Define acceptance criteria with software development teams and project managers for implementation for application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Test cycles, Projects and Programmes.
- Develop the release roadmap for platform and client releases
- Define and manage affective go/no go gateway to control every release
- 5 years + experience of release management/implementation management
- Advanced knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Proven stakeholder and key relationship management skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to co-ordinate cross functional work teams
- Experienced internal and external facing communication skills for all levels of stakeholder including senior level management.
- Experienced with both Waterfall and Agile delivery methods, ideally backed up with relevant qualifications.
- Experience of working with third party and offshore teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and bring a high level of strategy and governance into a start-up environment supporting company
release manager/release management/project manager/project management/programme management/system patches/hardware upgrades/DevOps/test cycles/testing/implementation/pre-production/agile/