Risk IT Project Manager - 6 months - Global investment bank
Montash have been engaged by a global investment bank, who require a Risk IT Project Manager for a 6 -month contract based in London
The role of Risk IT Project Manager is situated within the bank wide FRTB programme. Accordingly, the role will be to liaise with both the Group RISK function as well as key individuals on the business side; in particular Global Markets. In relation to this specific role a knowledge of risk IT technologies and/or market risk internal models (VaR) is an asset. Furthermore, the ability to work under pressure whilst providing clarity, transparency and challenge to multiple stakeholder groups will be key to the successful delivery of this time critical project.
- Establishing a preliminary statement of understanding (Project Definition) by collecting requirements, constraints and dependencies, assessing a first estimation of the resources needed and identifying key stakeholders (internal as well as external to Risk Architecture)
- Developing the Project Plan and its peripherals (known as the Plan)
- Lead the design/dimensioning activities for the solutions/products generated by projects
- Break the solution/product down into phases/batches and unitary activities
- Schedule these activities within the project timeframe
- Estimate the cost of these activities and define the budget of the project
- Identify and evaluate risks and assess recovery/mitigation/workaround plans
- Define the governance and communication plans applying to the project
- Delivering the project according to the Plan
- Manage the execution of the project activities, by coordinating designated contributors
- Monitor continuously the project execution, to ensure that it will be delivered on time, in respect of the costs allowance of the project
- Track and manage the cost spending (including time tracking)
- Provide schedule and cost actuals and forecasts, on a weekly basis
- Review and update the risks assessment, on a weekly basis; manage the recovery/mitigation/avoidance plans
- Drive the information and decisions related to projects (including standard or specific reporting, dashboards, steering committees, presentations, etc.)
- Closing the project
- Ensure that the product to be delivered is compliant with the initial requirements (using quality assurance outputs from the software development process)
- Provide Closure statement to key stakeholders and collect their acceptance
- Throughout the project lifecycle, managing the project information collection and storage, as well as the project documentation system
- This is a role for a solutions-orientated person who can demonstrate high levels of people management and project delivery. Used to delivering complex change across work streams, in a structured, business project management environment and influencing delivery through a globally-spread team. Comfortable working at senior levels and with a wide range of stakeholders, the Project Manager will be a focussed and effective organiser, communicator and team player. Comfortable in a demanding, ever-changing environment, used to making quality decisions and good at working to tight deadlines.
- A Financial Services background, ideally in a risk management function or similar.
- If not certified, must be aware of a Project Management Methodology (PMI, Prince 2, etc.) and proven track record of delivery across complex environments.
- Must be well versed in project accounting and financial management associated with delivery in a cost-conscious organisation.
- Previous experience with internal models beneficial - especially on market risk where a degree of subject knowledge is valuable
- Able to demonstrate experience with managing a wide range of stakeholders, business to technical, front office to back office.
- The key elements of the role are to handle delivery of key pieces of the FRTB model along with strategic IT changes
If you are available for a new contract position, please get in touch with me on 0207 014 0239 or email me on Ashleya@montash.com