Montash have been engaged by a Global Investment Bank to source a Programme Manager / Change Manager to work in their Enterprise Risk Architecture / Risk Analytics and Modelling area
The FRTB Programme Manager is accountable for the delivery of the necessary changes to the risk management and business structure. Although the role is located within CBM, the programme is transversal to the bank spanning both the RISK function as well as Global Markets. Accordingly the FRTB Programme Manager will functionally report to the FRTB Programme Lead who will ensure the global scope.
Extracting from the programme charter, the programme is summarised:
- The FRTB Programme is a regulatory driven initiative. It is undertaken to prepare the BNP Paribas Group for the forthcoming changes to regulatory market risk capital calculations.
- Ensure the Group will be compliant with the new regulation on the go-live date.
- Enable the Group to anticipate and manage the new capital charges and ensure the business model is adapted where necessary.
- The programme is jointly sponsored and led by Global Markets and RISK.
- Opportunity to foster closer working relationships between the teams from Global Markets and RISK with resulting better communication and understanding between the teams.
- The scope includes the entire set of BNP Paribas Group entities with the regulation impacting all trading book instruments as well as FX and Commodities in the Banking Book.
- The implementation timeline is determined by regulation; current planning:
- Delivery of FRTB compliant capital calculations by end-2019, with a parallel run during 2020.
- A 3 year transition period with a stable ratio of 65% x FRTB following the go-live early 2021.
In addition to the specificities of the programme, the role entails the following activities=
- Plan the programme book of work:
- Plan the delivery of the programme portfolio of activities, in accordance with the banks capacity and direction, to be cascaded in the project management plans.
- Develop, implement and maintain a delivery management system, to monitor and track the activity with relevant indicators and ensure that the programme's objectives are controlled and continuously achieved.
- Develop, implement and maintain a resourcing management system, ensuring that the programme continuously employs the right level of resources (internal and external).
- Establish operational and financial baselines, to be agreed with the Programme Lead and the Sponsor.
- Organise and harmonise the Project Management activities:
- Ensure that the programme tasks and activities operate with the policies and procedures of the organisation.
- Develop and encourage a standardised and consistent set of documents and templates, to use for project management deliverables, and other artefacts and evidences.
- Define and implement regular information and data collection and channel it toward existing reporting and communication instances.
- Controlling the programme execution:
- Supervise the programme portfolio and staff dedicated to its execution; provide direction, input and feedback, based on interactions with external and internal stakeholders.
- Challenge the project managers assigned to the programme and the major stakeholders, to continuously maintain the right balance between effectiveness and efficiency.
- Plan, lead and facilitate communication between programme staff and other managers, as well as key stakeholders.
- Drive reporting and communication deliverables, including weekly and monthly reporting, organisation of training and shring sessions as well as ensuring communication follows the standards set out within the programme charter.
- Ensure that all delivery and, in some extent, financial records and indicators are up to date and accurate.
- Identify, evaluate and monitor the risks associated with the programme, take and manage appropriate action to control them.
- Organise, prepare and deliver the Programme Steering Committees (monthly), with the sponsor, Risk Executive Managers and other Senior Risk Managers.
This is a role for an experienced Programme/Change Manager (15 years or more experience), with a proven record of the following criteria:
- Delivery orientated, the candidate can demonstrate high levels of advanced people and stakeholder management, comfortable working at senior/executive levels.
- Governance driven, he/she will be used to delivering complex change across various work streams (including IT systems, Quantitative Analysis, Regulatory Experts) in a structured, business driven project management environment and framework.
- Capable of influencing delivery, supported by advanced skills in planning, reporting and producing relevant management/decision information.
- Focussed and effective organiser, smooth communicator and team player, she/he is able to evolve calmly and efficiently in a demanding, ever-changing environment, with tight deadlines.
- Must show proactive moves in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Investment banking background required, ideally in a Risk Management department or similar.
- If not certified, must be well versed in one of the standard Project Management Methodology (PMI or Prince 2).
- Must be well versed in project accounting associated with delivery, in a cost-conscious organisation.