The Salesforece.com Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant actively drives and manages the technology evaluation part of the sales process and is an integral member of the Sales team, working as the key technical advisor and advocate for our Salesforce.com & CRM products. In order to be successful in this role, the Salesforce.com Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant must be able to articulate technology and communicate the value of our products to business and technical prospective users and buyers. The Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant also helps shape the product and direction of the company by communicating market needs to the Product Management team. We are looking for a top performer who can establish & maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, and who exudes a passion for understanding the needs of the customer and articulating the value of our products and solutions in meeting those needs.
- Support the sales team by taking a consultative role in customers' evaluation processes, including making architectural recommendations, troubleshooting configuration issues, and managing correspondence with other of our functions
- Articulate and educate on technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, architects, IT operations professionals, and senior IT management
- Sell the value of our products using multiple formats/channels, including phone, presentation, and live/online product demonstrations
- Create and deliver custom product demonstrations to support the sales cycle
- Perform technical discovery with customer prospects and quickly architect/build proposed solutions using our products
- Successfully manage and execute technical proof of concepts (POCs), on-site or remote
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Collect feedback from the field, synthesize, analyze and channel to Product Management and Engineering for product roadmap
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Support Marketing with developer marketing and evangelism activities, including writing blogs, participating in demo-driven webinars, and speaking at industry events
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience in Apex / VisualForce is preferred (but not required).
- Experience responding to Salesforce.com functional & technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Understanding of high-performance database management software, enterprise hosted/SaaS, and or CRM
- Have a deep understanding of enterprise technologies and business context
- Able to travel throughout sales territory
This is a fast-paced, high-growth environment we are looking for smart, high energy candidates who are looking to make a big impact, and who want to work alongside a great team to do so. We work closely together and put in startup hours, so you must be a team player! The perfect candidate will thrive on the prospect of taking on huge challenges and will "move the needle" by driving programs through feats of flawless execution.