Salesforce.com Project Manager
Brief Summary of Role
Senior Project Managers will manage one or more projects for our customers providing day-to-day leadership to analyze their requirements, develop designs, and implement cloud-based solutions based on Salesforce and Force.com platform.
- Be enthusiastic, professional, and confident while maintaining a focus on customer success
- Owns the entire project lifecycle from initiation through closure
- Monitors and manages project financials, scope, and schedule to ensure project stays on track for assigned client projects and meets financial targets.
- Drives implementations of high-quality cloud solutions
- Acts as primary day-to-day point of contact for the client and the operational aspects of the project. Objective focused on building strong customer relationships
- Facilitates or co-leads with customer project manager regular status meetings with project team, sponsors, and all stakeholders
- Generates and distributes timely status reports, time usage reports, and expense reports weekly
- Manages risks and issue tracking throughout the project.
- Adheres to the company's Way Methodology and possesses the ability to assess risks in process, people, or technology and adjusts project plans to address accordingly.
- Implements and adheres to a change management plan
- Assists consultant team members in the delivery of client presentations during requirements, design, pilot and user acceptance testing sessions. Reviews deliverables prepared by the team before sharing with the client.
- Contributes in at least one area of domain expertise (in addition to project management) such as business analysis, Agile development practices, Salesforce cloud offerings, or PSA.
- Understands the Cloud Computing market. Can articulate the core benefits of Cloud Computing solutions, and understands basic implementation methodologies associated with Cloud solutions.
- Provides pre sales support such as change orders for your current engagements.
- Provides mentoring, guidance and general care and feeding to project team members, including offshore team members.
- Achieves published company utilization targets.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction, sets and manages client expectations, develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients, including c-level, to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Contributes domain expertise (in addition to project management) in multiple areas such as business analysis, vertical or horizontal domain expertise, Agile development practices, Salesforce cloud offerings, Google apps, Workday or PSE.
- Facilitates client strategy workshops and requirements sessions and helps lead the development / refinement of client business and IT strategies. Assesses architectural approaches and develops high level designs for the implementation of those strategies.
Education and Required Experience (Requirements)
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years Salesforce.com project management experience
- Experience with other CRM software (Siebel, SAP CRM, Veeva, Peoplesoft, NetSuite, Ms Dynamics CRM, etc.)
- Experience in professional services/consulting organization
- Experience managing projects with large enterprise initiatives
- Experience in Agile approaches to project management
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Located and able to work in Germany and able to travel up to 40-60%
- Experience working with global development teams preferred