Application Support Analyst - Large FMCG - Hemel Hempstead - £55,000 + benefits
Application Support Analyst - Large FMCG - Hemel Hempstead - £55,000 + benefits required to work in a busy, professional environment.
One of the UKs leading businesses is looking to hire a strong business minded Application Support Analyst to join them to deliver high quality application support services, cost efficiency, and excellent "end user" experience. The role supports the functionality of business applications as part of the overall IT Services delivered to the Commercial function for the GB and Ireland business units. Working closely with key business stakeholders and Application Management Services and maintaining strong working relationships is essential.
The requirements of this role are:
Business Analysis and Continuous Service Improvement
- To combine knowledge of business process and objectives, with systems capability and drive business benefits through improvement initiatives.
- To recommend and implement new ways of working within business functions, with 3rd parties and IT Services.
- To ensure new IT systems meet business requirements
- Oversight & Support of release to production (Service Transition)
Support remediation of Application Incidents and Problems
- Strong applications knowledge in relevant applications (e.g. SAP)
- Ownership of functional documentation for live services
- Strong working relationship within the function in all BUs
- Identification of Problems & Service improvements.
- Understanding all aspects of the Application Support service, especially including the business criticality of each application throughout the business operating cycle (e.g. periodic / annual application criticality)
- Direct involvement with operational change management for business impacting change
- Monitoring and reviewing on-going Service performance, if necessary representing Service Leader with key business stakeholders
- Contributing to the communication of "Run" Services from IT into the Commercial business functions
Out of hour's incident management
- To provide out-of-hours support contribution, if necessary, for major incidents, working in conjunction with other nominated members of the out-of-hours support team.
- Looking for someone with High Potential - someone with the ability and ambition to be a future leader and developer and grow with the organisation.
- Overall accountability for ensuring business functions are able to carry out their business processes using their IT services in an efficient and effective way.
- Provide support for all applications used by the business function.
- Provision of Service Management Activities, to include;
- Contribution to remediation of all Major Problems and Incidents through to resolution during normal working hours to ensure that Service is restored and root cause is found.
- Emergency contribution to Incident Management out of hours.
- Contribution to the Change Management Process of all major outages relating to Services owned, mitigating risk and ensuring maximum availability of Service.
- Incident and Problem analysis to drive Service or Performance improvements.
- Identification and documentation of all Services within the individual's remit.
- Dealing with day to day Incident Management escalations.
- Introduction of new or changed Services.
- Consulting in project to ensure support model is appropriate
- Suggest and develop small/ minor changes to address incidents and enhance current process / service
- Create and execute system and user acceptance testing as required
- Ratification of all SLA's and underpinning contracts prior to Service introduction, ensuring they are achievable and meet business policies
- On-going review of performance against Service targets and Service Levels.
- Delivery of excellent customer experience across all IT services.
- Management of third party / Outsource providers for key deliverables specific to owned Services including the providers' knowledge management capability underpinning Service provision.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Ability to create relationships, manage and influence senior stakeholders.
- Advanced Analytical & Process design Skills - essential for analysing incidents and root cause analysis.
- Proven experience in Service Level Management, identifying, documenting and managing IT Services.
- Experience of working in an outsourced environment, management of suppliers to deliver customer requirements.
- Understanding of key business processes within the supported business function.
- Ideally have experience of using and supporting the following systems:
- Oracle Business Intelligence
- BW & Commercial Reporting
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- ITIL v3 Practitioner